Sunday, December 6, 2009

shared time

recently a lot of conversations that i have been sharing have been around how one balances their time. most of them women. the consensus seems to be that women have an easier time taking on tasks, such as work, their children, caring for their homes, caring for their partners, having food prepared for their families and then there is the social life and giving back to the community part of their lives, where i am assuming fulfills them. thinking about all these things makes my head spin. so i wrapped my hands around my ears, stopped my head from twirling and quit my already no where near the 60 hour work week, and decided to go back home with my little guy. i haven't completely said "no" to the working force. i have a very part time job with a research person and the work that we will be doing is filling my quota on the levels of community service, check, check and check?
my job isn't glamorous, nor is it directly rewarding. but when working with a group of people that believe in the same goal and are willing to go the extra hour for it, then there is something very fulfilling about it.
as for the extra hours that i am going to be at home, i have already devised a simple plan for me and W. we will be chartering the world through the lens of digital and analogue. he's pretty good with the canon that he's using now, but a little rough. Santa is bringing him a W friendly camera, one that will survive the hits and blows made by the hands of a reincarnated Thor.
i got my pictures back from my black and white film. i used the fuji neopan 1600. it's nice to see black and white in it's natural state, not touched or having the colour discarded from it on photoshop. there's something a bit more interesting about it.

i used to love putting money in these, now i just can't seem to justify $2.oo



i love the reflections here.


the crisp weather seems to bring out the bloom in some flowers.


the TTC ... at Vic Park station.



i'm working on a couple of things, like getting over my fears.
#1: walking over grates. i can't seem to do it. i panic.

1 comment:

  1. these photos are really lovely sheila. i'm happy you're sharing them with us

    ReplyDelete