Tuesday, March 16, 2010

i'm in.

i sign my lease on friday. i move into my small 200 sq. foot studio space on april 1st. i'll be sharing space with 3 other artists. this whole process has been less than ordinary.
i initially thought that i would see the space and fill out an application, much like renting an apartment. but when i met the shy, cute tenant supervisor coordinator, he mentioned that i needed to submit my CV and letter of intent for the space. the board would only consider professional artists and there was a list that they went by. i was a bit put off, but this is something i really wanted, dreamed about even.
i spent the weekend working on my CV and letter. i was honest and spent quite some time on it. when i had finished, i actually saw in writing, that i had accomplished a few things and i felt proud and confident submitting it to them on sunday.
i heard back from cute shy guy on monday, "the board is examining your CV and letter, we'll be back to you in a couple of days." i thought, well whatever, i tried, so i waited ... and about 2 hours later the email cam in, "the space is yours, if you are interested".
i have 2 very specific projects that i will be focusing on in my space, in my new world. i have to admit though, i feel a bit nervous. it's like i have this job, and the only person i am accountable to is me, and the only one that i can let down is me. fuck, i better be a good boss and give great benefits.
right now, i love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment