Thursday, December 10, 2009

slowly going ... one, two, three

in my not so distant past i made things. i was a vendor at craft shows, sold some shit and was pleasantly surprised that people just loved buying shit! i'm one of those people too, but seeing it on the other end, and having people buy your stuff is pretty damn great. i mean, i make stuff, i like it, i think it's cute, but when someone else does, and they buy it, it makes me feel like my work has extended beyond me.
today was a great day for my old stuff. i sold off a lot of my old tees and l'ammie things. it was great to see that people still liked it. and i didn't feel pressure to sell it. i just want it gone. it's been sitting around me for far too long. people were asking to see more of my stuff, i told them, "this is it, for this stuff!' it felt so good to say it out loud. and it was even better explaining to people that i have new stuff in the works.
what's kind of great about this, is that i am putting myself out there. in the past i was more reluctant to do so. with strangers it seems to be easier. now if only i could get there with the people that are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment